Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 17th - Mazatlan, Stone Beach, 2015 Mexican Cruise

Mazatlan was a PERFECT beach day.  We walked down to the local water taxi and got a boat over to Stone Island to the most beautiful, warm, amazing beach of the trip.  The water was perfect -- we swam, boogie boarded, kayaked, and played.   Owen played in the sand all day long, without ever actually getting in the water, and he'd never been happier :-)
I knew Ellie would love boogie boarding, and Annie would enjoy it but be more cautious (and retreat after big tumbles), but everyone was surprised how much Isaac loved it.  He was fearless, and got tossed in big waves more than anyone, but would just pop up and go again.  Ellie and Isaac were riding in big waves all the way in by the end of the day.
Greg and Annie kayaked all the way out to a giant rock/island, further than anyone else.  I made it 2/3rds of the way out there and Isaac and I tipped.  I was suddenly realizing that I could get myself on, but then how would I dead lift Isaac onto the kayak?  :-)  So, I got Isaac on the kayak, grabbed the rope on front, and swam us back in.  I'm glad to see I'm still such a strong swimmer.  Most of the way back in, Cody and Sara met me with the boogie board, which we put Isaac on and Sara and I swam him back in while Cody paddled the kayak back in.  






















No comments: