Friday, August 23, 2013

Sea World Day 3

Day three was on a Friday, so the longest open hours during our trip there -- and the kids opened and closed the park.  We were there before it opened (and enjoyed several hours of almost no crowds!), and stayed all the way through the firework show at the end (Isaac and Bailey were starting to go crazy at that point.)  The kids loved it and didn't want to leave.  Annie rode the roller coaster repeatedly, we got drenched on Shipwreck Rapids, and the highlights were definitely the manta rays and the dolphins.  We got to pet dolphins a couple times with some good positioning at the Dolphin Encounter pool (and got to play 'catch' with the dolphins, which wasn't actually nearly as fun as it sounds, since they got to pet them less than during the normal 'dolphin encounter' presentations).  The manta rays was probably one of Annie's favorite things -- we let each of the kids (and Greg and I) feed a fish to the rays.  Ellie went first, then Isaac (who loudly kept shouting and cheering and dancing an enthusiastic, "I did it, I did it, I did it!" fist pumping dance), and then a more reluctant Annie.  She got over her disgust of the cut in half fish though, and fed the sting rays.  If Greg and I had been willing to keep shelling out $6 for five halves of fishes, she could've stayed there all day.







Cody, Annie, the Walrus, and Isaac.




Grandpa and Annie sat on the front row of the dolphin show, dead center.  And got DRENCHED.  

All my Dad wanted was a picture of all five of his grandkids in front of the turtle aquarium.  Easier said than done . . . 















Shark aquarium . . .





Here we are feeding the rays, my Mom was across the pool taking pictures for us.


Hanging out with the dolphins . . . 


 Sleepy boys . . . this double stroller was AWESOME for the trip.  The babies (Owen and cousin Bailey) slept in it really well, not to mention some naps for Isaac and Ellie in it.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

So happy you blogged about your trip! I loved reading all about and seeing the photos!!!!!