Weird how you can go several weeks of eating well, feeling great and losing weight and then all the sudden eating a Snickers with Almonds seems like a good idea for lunch. There's some protein and omega 3's there though, right? Right?
I am blaming it on all this talk of exercise. :-)
I appreciate everyone's input. Bobbi, I've been really interested in P90X, being that I'm a sucker for all things infomercial. Upon reading up on it a little further though, I think I'm making it a goal to work up to being in shape enough to even attempt it. I think it would leave me a weak, sniveling pile of fetal-positioned-gelatinized-Hilary on my front room floor, and that would just be embarrassing, and possibly dangerous. :-) I'd really like to see myself get in shape enough to make a decent stab at this program though. Maybe I can ask for it for my birthday! (May 30th, mark your calendars now!) I don't want to necessarily go out and spend money on new equipment, but I have to admit I was intrigued by Jackie's suggestion of the portable pilates studio pictured below. Plus, according to her facebook status today, she's apparently back into her size 4 Lucky's, and if that's not a testimonial, I don't know what is! And at $30, we could swing the expense (given our awesome tax return which should be arriving any day).

So the plan for now is to try out this thingamajig when it arrives from Amazon. That and the Latin Cardio moves video I just picked up from the library. And I'm gonna make sure I do an ever increasing number of crunches and pushups each day. Turns out my ward does a resistance/strengthening workout three times a week at the Church. I could make that more of a priority. And my favorite exercise of all, laying down with Annie flying like Superman up on my feet . . . I really feel the burn after awhile, and there's no exercise I enjoy more. I'll continue to lug around my 15 lbs of Ellie wherever I go too, so that should help. And the carseat . . . if that's not weight training, I don't know what is! I'll keep walking the girls to all the local parks and chasing Annie around the grass. And we're in a tri-level house now, I'm doing more stairs than I ever have before (maybe that's why I've lost weight since we've moved in!) In a nutshell, I'm going to be more active. I'm going to try and do some form of 'formal' exercise for a decent period of time, 4-5 times a week. I haven't decided if I'm giving up sleep in the morning for this venture, or alone time with my husband in the evenings once the girls are asleep. And don't take it personal if I chose the latter honey, I just really miss sleep. All this is me working towards the goal of being able to get into the smallest jeans I own (unfortunately not size 4 Lucky's, I think I got them at ShopKo or something, but I feel just as hot in them) and to be ready to tackle P90X by my birthday in May. Wish me luck. Anyone who wants to stop by and work out with me, feel free!
4 comments:
Go you! That pilates thing looks cool. I want to hear how you like it. I do a swimming class early in the morning. It's basically like laps, but with other people and a coach, like a swim team. Very fun, but I'm kind of off the wagon of it right now because I'm finding it extra hard to get up at 5:30 in the freaking COLD to go swim. I also like the Donna Richardson 3 Day Rotational Workout DVD. I can swing 20 minutes somewhere in my day and I really like the kickboxing segment. Anyway, those are my things. Good luck and please report! Hope you feel the motivation!
PS-one snickers with almonds for lunch one day is not going to wreck your weight loss, but good for you admitting it wasnt that healthy. Just don't beat yourself up about it. :)
If only it had just been a Snicker's Almond for lunch! :-) It was a whole day of just grazing and eating crap rather than taking the time to sit down and eat something healthful and nutritious! The Snickers was just the most blatant of the poor eating. :-)
Yeah! I hope you like the pilates thing. I love it because it's fun and really works. And crunches are so much easier with a little support from the bands. It's super for arms too (my biggest problem).
Look into weight watchers. I just got a little point card from my mom. I'm sure you could get one online. You get 20 points a day and a whopping extra 35 points to use anytime during the week. This for me means a ymmy WW ice cream bar every night (2 points). For you it could be a WEEKLY snickers almond bar (just imagine!) It's easier than counting calories, and it accounts for fiber (good) and fat (bad) and adjusts accordingly.
I actually eat plenty and never feel hungry. It's slow weight loss, but that's the best kind because it stays off. I have a friend who has lost more than 150 pounds in the last year on WW, so it works!
Hey, one candy bar is NOT falling off the wagon. You can go up and down your stairs a few times to work that off. Don't let a treat here and there get you down!
Post a Comment