So, tonight is the last night of our family's biggest loser competition. You may have noticed I haven't mentioned it much . . . the reason for that is two-fold . . . on one hand, I am kinda unexcited about my progress. Which is rather silly of me, as I've lost 10 lbs or better in the past four weeks. Which actually rocks, but for some reason is disappointing to me. But shouldn't be. Weight and my emotional well being have a rocky, unhealthy relationship; but the intellectual part of me is all, that's better than 2 lbs a week, which is a great, healthy, exciting weight loss if you weren't a nut who'd done stuff like an all chicken, spinach and all orange fruits diet that dropped you 7 lbs in as many days, and made you kinda lightheaded, you dork. The other reason has been to not say anything on my blog that might motivate my sisters to try harder. :-) I thought about posting lots of tasty looking pictures of their favorite foods instead, but felt that would backfire and I'd be walking around going, "those were some really good looking brownies."
So, anyway, tomorrow morning we weigh in and declare the Biggest Loser family winner. First, second, third and fourth at last look were so close it was ridiculous (and I'm among that bunch.) All of us have been just trying to make it through the weekend without blowing it (and deciding that if we EVER do this again, we're making the cut off date a Friday instead of Monday morning, since weekends suck for weigh ins). So, one day left . . . meaning of course, our very sweet neighbors invited us over to dinner tonight. Upon leaving I sent out a batch of accusatory text messages to all of my siblings, so convinced was I that one of them had to have bribed our dear neighbors to have us over, possible even providing them with a list of foods Hilary will love. :-) Chicken cordon bleu (with some really tasty raspberry sauce), corn, baked potatoes, fresh homemade rolls, and even pistachio jello salad. THEN, there was coconut cake with Maggie Moo's cake batter ice cream! That was a really good dinner. Although, I do have to say, after laying off sugar lately, eating the cake and ice cream made me kinda nauseous and dizzy. You think a food making me feel positively ill would tell me something about what it's doing to my body and how I should really lay off of it . . . but for some reason I won't even think of that the next time someone hands me a bowl of really tasty ice cream. Hmmm. (French fries and I go through this same silly battle . . . I eat them, they make me feel like vomiting, I don't have any for six months or so, then all the sudden one day I'm all, "You know what sounds good . . . " Some people never learn. Really dumb people. Who'll struggle with their weight 'til the day they die. Mmmm, Chick-Fil-A's waffle fries are sounding kinda tasty . . . )
We should know the winner tomorrow morning (if all these slackers actually remember to weigh in and text their number to my sister Lacy in the morning . . . if not I'm saying they should be disqualified from any prizes, but I have no real authority in this . . . so I'm bugging Lacy to make such a rule.) I'll let you know how it goes (assuming I finish somewhat respectably!)
Oh, and as a side note, Greg and I now have callings in our new ward . . . he's Elders Quorum Secretary, and I'm the Compassionate Service Leader [gulp]. I actually had people come up and hug me and congratulate me on my new calling. I've never been so nervous about one before . . .
5 comments:
Congrats on being so committed to your Biggest Loser competition! I have such a hard time ever committing to a diet plan.
Also, what does the Compassionate Service Leader do? It sounds like a very rewarding calling!
10 pounds is awesome! Congrats!
Good luck with compassionate service. I think it's a pretty good calling. You definitely get to stay in the loop when you do that job. Just beware because it seems like in that position, when it rains it pours (like 3 new babies in one week to organize dinners for or 2 funerals in one month, etc.)!
wow, 10 lbs is a great accomplishment when you don't have a Bob or Jillian screaming in your face. Your lucky that your family is there for you, doing things like this. And good luck with your calling. I am a sunbeams teacher and I think that I have my hands full with them!! I wouldn't know what to do with compassionate service. Even the name sounds intimidating!
10 lbs! Awesome! You're beautiful, Hilary--inside and out. I'm NOT the least bit worried that you'll be a rock star in your new calling. :-) Good luck!
I am so curious about our contest. I think the results are going to be like 0.1% difference between 1st, 2nd and 3rd. We've all lost very close to the same amount. I was all excited about my weight loss and I'm motivated to keep it going. . . except now I want chicken cordon bleu, maggie moo ice cream and chick-fil-a fries (or anything on their menu). ;)
Post a Comment