Monday, August 13, 2018

Alaskan Vacation -- Day 10

Our last full day on the cruise was a lot of playing cards while watching for whales -- we passed a pod of 15-20! The first pictures aren't the best, they're far out, but they're pictures of different groups of whales within the same pod! We then had a couple come a lot closer to the ship. I feel like whale watching is the greatest opportunity to experience FOMO -- you do NOT want to walk away or leave or use the bathroom or get a drink or anything, because you might miss the next whale!  . Fortunately, my two girls were as into it as I was -- and fortunately, I'd brought kindles for the two boys  They also spent a little more time in Camp Ocean, which they both enjoyed a lot. Then after dinner, it was into Victoria, Canada for awhile. We took a taxi into town and then walked around for hours. It was SO gorgeous, and we really loved the street performers. Because my camera had no flash, and most of it was in the evening, I didn't take many pictures -- but fortunately my sister Star got a bunch.
























































No comments: