Monday, December 22, 2014

November & December Facebook Updates

December 20th, 2014
The prettiest little samurai boy just wandered into my room . . .

December 16, 2014
Owen 'teachering' his class . . .



December 12, 2014
In retrospect, this seems super excessive. That is a LOT of dried playdoh to clean up later . . .


I'm feeling the Christmas spirit. I am at the pain center, at the hospital, with my grandpa. While waiting in the waiting room, I heard a cute little old lady in a wheelchair talking to the receptionist about her fall and the trip to the doctors. The receptionist commented on how good it was that she had family with her when it happened, gesturing to the 30 year old guy who had brought her in. The lady turned, grabbed his hand and exclaimed, "oh no, I haven't even asked your name yet!" Turns out he was working at the Les Schwab when she fell and brought her in. He held her hand or shoulder the whole time she was waiting, and is now out in he waiting room waiting for her daughter to come.

December 11, 2014
This almost looks like it's not going to end well for our house.  Prettiest, scariest, sunset ever.  :-)

December 4, 2014
Isaac in full meltdown mode, since Greg tried to feed him homemade chicken quinoa soup (gasp! the horror!). "I WISH I didn't have parents like this! I wish I had parents who only ate meat! And hot dogs! Every day!"
He has it rough.

December 3, 2014
Ellie finally came up with an alternative Christmas wish than the BB gun . . . "I want Santa to bring me instructions, like a map or plans or something, on how to build a play house. One like half the size of the garage, that I can sleep in." She saw the incredulous look on my face, and quickly clarified, "Not the actual playhouse! Just the instructions on how to make it. I'll do it myself, he doesn't have to bring the whole thing . . . " Um, OK.

Ellie, sitting on Santa's lap at City Creek Mall, after being asked what she wants for Christmas, "A BB gun!"
Without missing a beat, Santa responds, "You'll shoot your eye out."
Ha! My Mom and I busted out laughing. Santa for the win. :-)

November 17, 2014
Off track means giant yarn spider webs when they're supposed to be cleaning their rooms :-)


November 14, 2014
Owen just ran up crying, clutching a clementine tightly in his hands. Sobbing, he handed it up to me, "Put it back on, Mom! Put it back on! Dad took it off!" What kind of monster peels an orange for a two year old?! :-)

November 10, 2014
The kids are loving their gratitude tree. (Literally the most crafty I've ever been in my ENTIRE life).


November 7, 2014
Annie just got home from a birthday party with a runny nose and itchy eyes because of a cat. She was so funny talking about it, "They really tried to keep him away from me, and out of the room. But, he's a cat. He doesn't care." THEN, we got home and I gave her an antihistamine that she tried to swallow -- and it got stuck in her expander on the roof of her mouth. For several minutes, despite the water pik, swishing water, and Mom jabbing at it with pointy objects. Apparently it was the nastiest tasting thing ever, and she kept gagging because of the taste until we finally got it out. Me, being a bad Mom, "I'm sorry Annie, I'm trying hard not to laugh . . . " and she responding, "That's OK Mom, me too. You know, if it didn't taste so bad."
November 6, 2014
Ellie this morning, "So, on "How to Train Your Dragon", what's the boy's name? I know the dragon is Toothless, but the boy's name is something like Cough or Throw Up . . . "
Took me and Annie a full 15 seconds before it finally clicked and we both exclaimed, "Hiccup!" and started laughing :-)









No comments: