Imprisoned children at Thanksgiving Point Farm Country:

Handed Ellie her lunch box and her little sack for her classroom snack. "What's my snack today?" "You'll just have to wait and see," I said with a wink.
Truthfully, I have no idea. I packed that a whole 15 minutes ago. What did I pack as snack?? #Mombrain
August 3rd, 2014
This right here kinda symbolizes the awesomeness that is my in-laws. These gluten free/dairy free cookies will make be frozen in individual portions and make their way into school lunches and picnic boxes for weeks to come. :-)

Not feeling so great today, and I woke up from a nap with this note waiting for me. How did I end up with such great kids? (Must be Greg's DNA)
August 2nd, 2014
He was very insistent I come lay by him on his
bedroom floor until he was fast asleep . . . I figured the flash from
my phone camera was a good a test as any other to see if he was really
out :-)

August 1st, 2014
This
is where it's been nice to have Ellie be a second-oldest. On Tuesday
evening, when Ellie was acting totally crazy, and I was thinking, "Holy
crap, she's possessed, what happened to my sweet little girl?!" and I
was ready to snap -- I suddenly remembered Annie's first week (or two
weeks) of first grade where she was completely cranky, moody, pissy,
whiny and mean at home. It all came back to
me and I was instantly reminded that transitioning back to school,
especially to full day school for the first time and with the extra
pressure of part of her day being in Spanish, that it's totally normal
and natural to come home a little extra cranky, overwhelmed and taking
it out on the rest of us. That just bought her a few extra days of
uber-patient Mom. :-)
July 31, 2014
July 31, 2014
Isaac
just brought in a coloring book he was coloring in, and said, "Mom, I
need you to tell me how to spell 'I love you'. Because, well, I love
you . . . and I want to be able to tell you in letters."
Beauty Shop morning -- I was mean and wouldn't
let him brush Annie's hair when she was getting ready to go to school
-- but promised that after the girls left for the bus he could brush
mine. We're going on about 15 minutes of watching curious George while getting my hair brushed :-).
It's not a bad way to spend the morning (until he smacks the brush
forcefully against my head and we have to have the 'gentle' conversation
again :-))

July 29, 2014
This is my pile of post-camping clean clothes. I am not looking forward to sorting and folding :-)

July 28th, 2014
Big day -- Annie's first day of Third Grade, then Girls' Night with my favorite girls -- ears pierced for Annie and Jamba Juices for everyone

Just
logged into Amazon and unsubscribed to my monthly Size 6 Huggies order
-- checking "No longer using this product" was the highlight of my
mothering career. I don't want to jinx anything, but Isaac seems to be 95% potty trained:-)
July 26th, 2014
I was
really pretty impressed by my vacation tan. Then I finally got all the
kids bathed and to bed and finally got a shower of my own. Turns out
most of my tan washed away with a good scrubbing . . . #rinsedawaymycampingtan
July 21, 2014
Isaac comes walking in the room, "Hey Mom! Guess what?" "What, Bug?" "I love you. Actually, I love you times a million."
Awww. God sent me this kid to keep me going some days :-)
Awww. God sent me this kid to keep me going some days :-)
July 16th, 2014
I was
explaining hourly wages to Ellie (since she asked if the cashier at
Smith's got to keep some of the money from each purchase.) We talked
about various wages, and talked about minimum wage jobs. Ellie
excitedly said, "One day, when I grow up, I'm going to work at a grocery
store!" Isaac did a classic frown-smile and said, "That's good, Ellie.
When I grow up I'm going to be an astronaut. But a grocery store's good
too." Ha!
July 15th, 2014
Is
today over yet?? Two blow out diapers, three poopy accidents (by two
different kids in underwear) and I'm seriously toying with the idea of
sending the kids out in the backyard bottomless to free range for the
rest of summer. Greg should probably come home sooner than later . . .
I've reached that point in 'poop dealt with today' where I start to
think irrationally . . .
July 14th, 2014
Family night at Grandma Karine's house
July 12th, 2014"Good job, horsie-dad!"

July 11th, 2014
One day this summer we may actually brush her hair again. . .

Free Slurpee Day

My boys playing super heroes -- we got Spider-Man and The Lizard here :-). (Owen heard Isaac mentioned a secret identity, so he keeps walking around saying, "I Lizard-dentity!")



July 10th, 2014
Isaac just called this oversized gown at the doctors office "kinda ridiculous" :-). This kid always makes me smile.

More Isaac comments while waiting in the Doctor's office:
Playing with one of the toys while he's waiting, "I am so talented and creative."
Playing with one of the toys while he's waiting, "I am so talented and creative."
"When I turn this REALLY fast, do you know what, Mom?"
"What, Bug?"
"When I turn this thing super fast all the fire trucks in the world turn to ice cream!"
Um, OK?
"What, Bug?"
"When I turn this thing super fast all the fire trucks in the world turn to ice cream!"
Um, OK?
July 8th, 2014
This is what happens when mom spends the
afternoon and evening sick in bed while the kids do 'science
experiments' and then attempt to 'help mom by cleaning the kitchen with
baking soda and vinegar.' I got to clean this all morning :-)

The
pile of plastic bowls, cups, plates and silverware was not their fault
(that was still out from the birthday party on Sunday), but all those
dishes on the counter by it were the dishes they'd washed by hand. With
baking soda. I had to rinse off and rewash all of them this morning. :-)


The
good news is my kitchen is now probably the cleanest it's been in
awhile. Once you clean AWAY all the baking soda and vinegar from every
surface, it leaves things pretty sparkly :-)
July 7th, 2014
Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum

July 4th, 2014
"Owen, your hair is so curly today!"
"No," Owen exclaims angrily, "I no have curlies!!"
"No," Owen exclaims angrily, "I no have curlies!!"


Fourth of July Sandbox fun
Outdoor movies over at our awesome neighbors' house
He he he . . . Owen tipped his popcorn back too far . . .
Isaac shopping with me in his awesome hat.
July 3, 2014
Greg got home from work at 2:00 today! Which means I actually napped from 2-4:30, which was fantastic. Then I woke up to blood curdling screams, as Ellie's fish had just been dumped down the bathtub drain on accident. (A fish tank cleaning issue, poor Annie was sobbing because it was her mistake that lost Ellie's fish.) I panicked and told her the fish would be happy living in the ocean. (What?! I suck.) She immediately pointed out betas can't live in salt water and started crying even more. D'oh. (I finally fessed up that her fish was probably dead by now. See, lying makes everything worse!)
The kids are having a little salon thing going
on in the bathroom. Isaac just exclaimed, "Come look Mom! I made a
magic mohawk!" Then he proceeded to rock out and loudly sing the words
"MAGIC MOHAWK!" over and over again. "Come on, Owen!
I'll teach you how to make your own mohawk! They're so fun! They're
too fun! You just need some spray water, and some brushing of the spray
out and then you have a mohawk!" Owen keeps exclaiming, "No, no fun
hawk."




Dear
Owen,
Thanks for waking up at 4:30AM and staying up (while kicking me
in the back the entire time, or asking for water) until 6:30AM. And
while we're at it, thanks to Isaac for waking up and crawling into bed
with me at 1AM, 3AM and 5AM. It was especially fun when there was four
of us in the same queen sized bed for a bit. Now, you may both want to
go play out back or downstairs, far away from your nearly-catatonic Mom
who got approximately 4 hours of sleep last night.
Love,
That Haggard Looking Lady
Love,
That Haggard Looking Lady
And that's what a month's worth of Facebook Updates looks like -- still took forever to put together, but way less time than three months worth :-)






















No comments:
Post a Comment