Thursday, December 12, 2013

Santa Pictures 2013

I don't know why, maybe it was the $10 price increase over last year, but I kept resisting going to FotoFly for Santa pictures this year.  Then I reached the 12th of the month and realized I had no idea, other than the mall, where to find a decent Santa to get pictures with the kids.  So, I looked up FotoFly's online scheduler this morning, and there was a 4:00 appointment available -- I called Greg and asked if he could get off work early, and we went this afternoon to see Santa and get photos. 

I knew going in, this would be a tough one -- Owen's been notoriously horrible with pictures lately, and I wasn't expecting much from him.  He has developed a newfound love for all things Santa though, so I thought we had that going for us.  When we got there, he was super excited to see Dad dress as Santa, and he was pretty happy to see the Big Guy himself.  But then the camera came out.  True to form, he spent the vast majority of the time either crying or running away, or both.  I had to leave for awhile, so I missed most of the photo shoot (he saves his best whining and crying for Mom as an audience.)  But, they did get some pretty good pictures -- my only issue is they spend SO MUCH TIME trying to get the one year old to cooperate, they don't really work the rest of the kids so much.  At one point I was like, "Just get good pictures of the other kids, he can be screaming in them or not in them at all, either way." Thus the last three pictures :-)












I also brought my own camera to get pictures of the kids sitting on Santa's lap and running around Thanksgiving Point . . .



Owen thought Dad-in-Santa-Suit was hilarious.

He was pretty excited to meet the real Santa too -- that is until he picked him up.


















Isaac upset the fries weren't there yet.
Owen happy there was finally food.

Isaac upset the food was gone.










2 comments:

Jessi said...

So cute! And is it just me, but I swear Isaac looks way older than Quinn????

Star said...

I'm glad you got those this year. They are so funny. I love how fotofly does their pictures.