Monday, November 19, 2012

My 'Twins'

Looking at them, you wouldn't guess these are my furthest spaced children (not that that's saying much -- they're just under 2 years and 2 months apart).  I don't actually think they look that alike or anything, and Isaac definitely looks younger (what with his giant toddler head and all), but when you sit them side by side in a shopping cart, his tall torso makes him appear to be the same height as his big sister and inevitable someone in the store will ask me, "Oh, are they twins?"  Nope -- he outweighs Ellie by a pound or so, is wearing bigger shoes than her, and has just had to jump up to the same size pajamas as her, but he is her little brother . . .







I had to include a ridiculous amount of pictures showing the exact same thing, 'cause of the legendary 'many faces of Ellie' -- seriously, that kid is always trying out her newest pose/facial expression!

5 comments:

Sare said...

They look as dangerous as Thing 1 and Thing 2 with those matching pajamas on...

Jessi said...

I totally also think they look like Thing 1 and Thing 2 in those matching jammies. The most adorable "things" that ever wore matching pajamas, that is! Ellie mugging for the camera is the best. That girl should seriously be in commercials.

If you put Quinn in the same cart as Ellie no one would think they were twins, but I think they would all assume sisters. (And maybe assume 3.5 and 1.5 years old, instead of 4.5 and 2.5 :-) )

Ruth said...

Adorable twosome. They were very cooperative for the photos. Ellie does have a creative streak with her faces and when Isaac starts talking it is hard to fathom he is 2+. Amazing children.

Kerry said...

I love matching my kids! Love even more that your's are boy/girl matchy matchy!

Meg said...

I think this is how Makenna and Tyler are going to be. Makenna still has 5 lbs on him at this point but in pjs I need to put him in 18 month clothes which Makenna can still often fit into. Strange....:) Miss you! But love seeing your posts.