Ellie is eating more and more solid foods every day. It's exciting to watch her eat more and more, become more like a kid and less like a baby every day. But, there's a part of me that just wishes that my babies just nursed until they are old enough to just eat. It's the mix of the two forms of feeding that kinda stresses me out. For now it feels like solids are this costly, time consuming, messy experiment. I still end up nursing about as often, for about as long, plus I now have to schedule in a few time-intensive high chair visits a day. And clean ups.
Our biggest issue though has to be the colorful spit up. Everywhere. Bright orange or pea green regurgitation that gets on clothes, the floor, the blankets. Not only does it create a lot of laundry (and carpet scrubbing), but it creates complicated, icky laundry! Stuff that has to be 'Shouted' and double checked before it gets thrown in the dryer (which often gets forgotten, so it also adds cute little now-orange-spotted sleepers to the landfill about once a week.)
And no matter how well I thought I cleaned up these colorful upheavals, I keep spotting more and more reemerging colorful stains all over my bedroom floor. When I'm done having kids, we are SO getting new carpet. (Wait, strike that. When we've potty trained the last one. Then we're getting new carpet!)
2 comments:
I totally hear you. I slacked on starting solids with Davin because it's such a pain, especially in the beginning. I have a couple faint orange stains still from him. However I think since I started solids late and didn't feed him solids as many times a day as I did with Weston he didn't grow as well. I am trying to make sure he "eats" 3 meals a day now. I sure hope he hits 20 pounds eventually. :) Hang in there with Ellie. It will only be a couple more months of this.
It was so much fun hanging out this afternoon! Love you guys!
Post a Comment