Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Trying to Think of Something to Write . . .

Annie says a dozen funny things a day, but I can never remember them when I sit down up to the computer! (Although, yesterday she did ask me sweetly for another potato chip by saying, "You know Mom, I would love another one of those.")

Ellie's 10 months old, so despite being irresistibly cute, doesn't really say or do that much. She actually does crawl now, like to get to stuff of interest. Mainly she seems to just crawl under my computer chair (whether I'm there or not), then try to stand up, hit her head and scream at me for letting such things happen to her. Standing up to stuff is the other 'big thing' she's into now . . . she loves to push "Fred" around. (Fred is the name of our "Winnie the Pooh" ride-on toy . . . he was nicknamed such by my sister and I when my sisters had bought it as a surprise for Annie (and were keeping it a secret from Greg too, so that someone who was actually old enough to be surprised would have an actual look of, "Wow, that's cool!" when they unveiled it), and to torture Greg by the secret we just referred to the present as "Fred" for several weeks before Annie got it. After she actually received the present, the name just stuck. But of course, Greg didn't really care about being 'out of the loop'; he's Greg, the world's most laid back person ever. Anyway, so pushing "Fred" around is a big deal right now, and walking along the couch and beds and stuff. She'll stand for a few seconds without help, but you will incur her wrath if you're the one who was cruel enough to let go of her hand.

In other Ellie news, she's hit 16 pounds now (I think . . . at least dressed she's 16 pounds.) What a chunker, right?

Annie hates to sleep. Nothing new there. (So does Ellie for that matter.) I think one of my favorite things about nursing is that I get to hold and cuddle the baby right before bed, while Greg gets to wrangle a toddler into pajamas, get her asthma medicine taken care of, teeth brushed, books read (I actually envy that part though), and get her in bed. But poor Greg has created a monster . . . despite his better judgment, Greg has gotten into the habit of going in and sitting next to Annie's bed while she falls asleep (it used to be that he'd hold her hand, but then when she fell asleep and he tried to 'disengage' she'd wake up and start the whole thing over again, so he 'weaned' her from hand holding, and now just sits by her bed until she's fast asleep.) Problem with this (besides the obvious she won't go to sleep without him there factor), is that in the middle of the night when she wakes up, she wants the same thing.

Last night, she woke up and Greg went in and sat by her (sucker). After a few attempts of her falling asleep, then waking up as soon as he tried to leave, he finally just came back to our room and I put her back in bed and let her scream. (She knows Mom means business, and that I won't go in and sit with her, so she stays in bed when I put her down. Usually. Still cries forever though.) Back in bed, she screamed at us for awhile before finally falling back asleep. During this time, Greg muttered, "Annie, just fall asleep already!" To which I responded, "You realize this is your fault . . . and that I'm going to blog about it . . . " :-)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I still hate bedtime, although I love to actually sleep once I am asleep. I bet Annie never out grows it!

Melissa said...

Lauren always comes into our bed at about 4 in the morning. It use to be ok, but now she is getting bigger and her little body takes up more room then Chad and I combined (if you could only imagine).
About your last post, I happen to still love New Kids on the Block! Am I a nerd or what! You are going to have to tell me where I can get the Animaniacs soundtrack. And I didn't know you had a gun pointed at you! But remembering Bonneville, I totally can see it. That was a lovely school.