Sunday, March 22, 2009

Photo Shoot & Cody's Lacrosse Game

I have a bunch of pictures from Saturday . . . and these are all just with my camera (it'll be a week or two before we get the photos from our amazing photographer from the family portraits.)

Well, except this one, which is from last Sunday. Ellie just looked so cute before Church I had to go to take a picture.
Okay, for our family portraits that were taken at Gardner Village in the morning, I bought Ellie this adorable white dress. She looked so cute . . .
I cannot even begin to express how much I have loved the weather this last few days. We've spent more time outside this last week than in the last several months combined . . . unfortunately, both of my girls' faces kinda show it. I should've been better about sunscreen/hats while spending the whole day in the sun, but didn't really think of it. They're both a little pink. (Not horribly burned! Just pinkish!)
Anway, after the pictures we stopped by my parents house before my brother's lacrosse game. Here's Annie and I racing across their backyard.
Greg & Annie jumping on the trampoline. We'd changed Annie out of her dress at the photo shoot into this outfit (after she sat in duck poop, and spreading the mess to both Greg's and Ellie's clothes too. I'd planned for such an occurence though, bringing both girls white shirt and jeans to change into . . . which turned out great, because we did half the photo shoot with them dressed up, and the second half more casual with them running around and playing more.)
Here is a VERY determined Ellie pushing her toy. Annie is giving her stuffed animal a piggyback ride.
Around noon we all ended up at Cody's lacrosse game. It was my first ever lacrosse game. It was like soccer and hockey bred and had a unstable, violent child that liked to hit other children with sticks. I really enjoyed it.
Ellie enjoyed being on the sidelines too!
Cody looking kinda serious and mean. He's so cute.
Cody in the penalty box. We were so proud.
Ellie rubbing the cheerio's bag all over my Dad's head.
Cody again . . . frankly, I really love these pictures because my camera did such a better job than I would've thought it would have! I haven't used a lot of the 'sports' mode, especially at maximum zoom, and I was really surprised by the results.
Go Cody!
Annie cheering from the sidelines.

4 comments:

Talina said...

I totally burned my arm and neck yesterday. I didn't even think to wear sunscreen!
Cody's game was a blast though. I'm excited to see your family pictures when you get them!

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh! Cody is so big! He was just a little boy when we left the neighborhood! I can't wait to see all of your pictures! Your girls are so cute! For sunburns-if you put Olive Oil on it, and keep putting it on the first day, it goes away! The next day when you wake up it is gone. Take it from me, I'm a red head :) But Olive oil will stain, so put on a shirt that a grungy one.

Shannon said...

That looks like a fabulous day. The girls seriously both look so adorable in their matchy outfits. My goal is to get my boys matching Spring outfits and then get their pictures done in them.

Bryan and Marissa said...

Oh my laws I love that white dress on Ellie SO CUTE!!!