Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bit of a Break in the Action

Last night, after a solid week (or two or three) of sickly kids and cleaning up vomit, it was really nice to get away for a few hours. My sister and I went to a girls night thing, with Olive Garden, eyebrow waxing, facials and all that. (Thanks Jocelyn!) It was so great to just get out and not be worried about when the next sneak attack of puke was gonna get me.

And fortunately, there hasn't been any more throwing up (of course, that makes sense, since the girls don't throw up on Daddy's watch), and Ellie's been in like the world's cutest mood (a big chunk of that was at 11PM last night, where she was up and giggling and playing for almost an hour . . . but it was so good to see her so happy, Greg and I just let her sit in bed and play with us for awhile.) I didn't wake up a single time last night to coughing either. We may actually be a relatively healthy family as of this morning!!

When Annie woke up (way too early, at 7AM . . . daylight savings time bought me a week or so of them sleeping in 'til after 8, but they've apparently caught on now), she beamed when she saw me, "You're home Mommy! You were not home when I went to bed last night!"
"Yep, I'm home."
"Ellie cried last night, 'cause you were gone . . . um, I cried a lit bit too. Actually, I cried a lot a bit."

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! Girls Night is always a good idea. Glad you had fun and got a break. I'm so glad that everyone seems to be feeling better too. Being sick gets old really fast.

Talina said...

Ah! That is cute that Annie missed you on our night out. She is a cutie! I hope the girls really are on the mend!