So, Ellie seems to have finally decided that maybe, just maybe, it's time to start getting around under her own power. She's started crawling today. Like actual, real, productive movement, kinda crawling. She's been going backwards for weeks, and I think it was last Sunday at Greg's parents house that she even went a foot or two forward, but by and large she's showed no real interest in trying any harder than that. (Although, I did leave the room for a minute the other day, only to race back when I heard her screaming and find her UNDER my bed. She had backed herself completely under it, until her entire body, including her poor little sideways head, was stuck between the bed and the floor. She laid off all attempts at crawling for a few days after that. I have found out one thing about my girls, they do not handle defeat/
embarrassment well. When Annie was a little older than a year, if was not 100% sure she could say a word, she would mutter it to herself quietly for a week or so, until one day she'd blurt it out, like, "Look what I can say!" She just had to know she could do it first.)
Today though, when we had some nice family-only time, where the four of us were playing around in our frontroom, and Ellie suddenly decided to just go for it, and crawled with actual purpose for several feet. And here I was thinking she'd
never crawl. :-)
It still ain't fast, and it still ain't pretty . . . but it's happening, and I'm sure any day now she'll be completely under foot and I'll be muttering, "Why did I
ever want you to be able to crawl!?"






2 comments:
Hooray for Ellie! She looked so stinking cute in her little skirt.....I hope you guys can come visit this week!
Was this before or after I saw her attempt to crawl? Cause I would call what I saw her do crawling, though long and laborious those 2 1/2 feet were. She really is getting more adventurous. I think she will be walking in no time! . . . sorry about that. It'll be much harder keeping track of your two munchkins once they are both mobile.
Post a Comment