Thursday, March 5, 2009

In the Village . . .

Annie walking around earlier, belting out her own version of a favorite "Lion King" song . . .

"In the village, the Gardner Village, the Lion sleeps tonight! In the village, the Gardner Village . . ."

(For those who may not realize, I do a lot of freelance graphic design while the kids nap/scream/are ignored and denied access to the computer to play pbskids.org . . . my freelance work is a sore spot with Annie. Because of my opportunity to do graphics for a few of the cute shops out at Gardner Village (Posh Frippery, Sassy Babies, Kamille's, Purse-onality), the girls and I end up over there fairly often. We walk around, feed the ducks, pet the ponies, go to the doll store, split a cookie and all around enjoy ourselves. As much as I like doing graphics for realtors and bathtub refinishers, there's something I really love about working out at Gardner Village!)


Had to add one more Annie story for the day . . . while we were driving Annie and I had the following conversation:
"Annie, who's the coolest person you know?" I asked.
"Annie," she responded quickly. "And Cody."
"And Mom . . . " I added, hopefully.
"Oh no, Cody is way cooler-er than Mommy!"
Good to know where I stand.

4 comments:

Makayla Mackie said...

Didn't you know that aunts and uncles are ALWAYS way cooler than parents. :)

Jessi said...

I love Annie's grasp of the English language...she is so smart...it would only make sense that someone who is cooler than cooler is cooler-er!

Talina said...

You tried to compete with CODY?!?! Of course you had no chance. Try to compete with Daddy next time. You may be able to beat Greg out. But not after you have denied Annie access to PBSkids.org. You will be at your most uncool after that.

Shannon said...

That is hilarious. I guess we always knew the day would come that our kids didn't think we were cool, but I'm sure you were hoping for at least school age, right?

I didn't realize you did design for so many shops at GV. How fun. We love going there too. I can't wait for a nice spring day so we can go again.