I've done this before with Annie, asking her questions about her Mommy . . . and I thought I'd try it again and see how things changed.
How old is your mom?
I don't know hold old are you.
How tall is your mom?
[Silently points at the top of my head for several seconds, then finally answers] That tall. When I stand up I just a little tall.
What is your mom's favorite thing to do?
Play a game. Do something else. Do you like to play games with me?
What does your mom do when you're not around?
Go to the store. Go to bed.
If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
I don't know. Famous means "Where is your Mommy?!" (Wow, that's profound. And I'm sure somewhere Jayden & Sean Preston Federline are all, "Word, Annie!")
What is your mom really good at?
Cleaning up. No, not cleaning up. Getting clothes for you. And cleaning up.
What is your mom not so good at?
I don't know.
What does your mom do for her job?
Email. Do graphics work.
What is your mom's favorite food?
All of she's food. [Then she commands] Mommy, type lots of letters.
Um, broccoli, chicken. I like chicken too! I like chicken or broccoli.
What do you and your mom do together?
Clean up. Like clean up toys
How are you and your mom the same?
I'm not taller and I'm two and you're not and you're taller. I have kinda brownish hair and you have kinda black brownish hair.
How are you and your mom different?
You are taller and I am little.
How do you know your mom loves you?
I don't know.
What can you tell me about your Daddy?
He just sits. (He's been sick and in bed all day.) Maybe he likes to make breakfast when he feels sick.
What do you and Daddy like to do together?
Play in my room.
What is Ellie like?
She's likes to sleep. Sometimes she likes to sleep not. Maybe she likes to watch you clean downstairs.
What is something mom always says to you?
Easel Weasel. They kinda rhyme. (Um, OK. I have no idea where this comes from.)
What makes mom happy?
If I laugh.
What makes mom sad?
If I yell at you, then I will go in time out.
What does your mom do to make you laugh?
If I laugh it will make you laugh.
What was your mom like as a child?
Liked to play a game and all your sisters play a game with you. You say, "Bang it! Beer it up!" That when your other sister grow up, then they will play an Annie game! "Bang it or Beer it up!" "Bang it!! Beer it up!!!"
What makes you proud of your mom?
I don't know. I want to watch "Little People" video.
If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Do you like Oscar? Um, Dora, Elmo, Sponge Bob, Barney. Maybe Dora, and I like Dora. Dora, or Diego. Diego I like more.
Annie kinda just kept talking once we were through the questions. Here's the transcript of her ramblings:
When we go to California, we should go to Dizzleyland. And when we go to California, we should have a baby boy! If we have a baby boy, I will be happy, if we have a baby boy, I will be really happy. When we go to California, why not see all the bad guys? (Disney villians.) When we have a baby boy in California, he will be scared of the bad guys.
[Trying on baby clothes on her baby doll.] It fits you! It almost fit you Tamberly! It's almost big for you, but you can wear it when you get big! Let me try a shirt on. We need a pair of scissors. Does this bug you or no? Tamberly is almost big. When people get bigger, they can wear little people clothes. Mommy, try pants on with her shirts. Oh look at her shirt Mommy, she's almost dressed. We should have a baby boy. Elmo is four. We are almost having a baby boy. Mommy, I want you to put on Tamberly's pants on. Because I am holding Tamberly, but if I sit her down, then it will be easier. But if you do it, it will be more easier. And snap her shirt, 'cause it is a onesie. Now put on the pants. We have lots of baby boy shirts. Yeah, for the next boy. Yay, I did it! Do they go together, or not? Say, "Look at my baby!" Fly baby, fly! I carry you so fly! Fly baby! Which room can I fly in, Mommy's room, Annie's room, or Ellie's room? Fly! Super baby! You are heavy! Catch her Mommy! Catch her!! Now fly her back to me! Now I'll fly her back to you! Tamberly wants her Mommy. No! I don't like that Tamberly! Tamberly trying to get you Mommy. Let's put "Little People" video on Mom . . . maybe I put it on last night. It is on the computer. You hold her Mommy, I want to watch "Little People." With Tamberly. (She doesn't need feedback during any of this, it's pretty much a one-sided conversation!)
(This kid is going to be sorely disappointed when we come home from California with no little brother in tow.)
3 comments:
I love Annie's ramblings. And I am so glad we have been a good influence on her. "Dang it!" "Beer it up!"
Annie is amazing! And hilarious!
How are Ellie and Greg doing?
Whatever. You are totally going to come home with a little brother in tow. you just won't realize it yet. Annie is a bit prophetic.
Post a Comment