Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'd Pick That One Too

So, yesterday we were driving on Bangerter and saw the new Oquirrh LDS Temple. Annie likes to point it out . . . and debate whether it is gray, white, yellow or tan colored. (Depends on the light.) Upon seeing it this time, she called out, "Hey Mom, it's the temple . . . that's where you got married!"

"Actually baby, Mommy & Daddy got married in the Salt Lake temple . . . remember the pictures?"

We then went on to talk about all the people she knows who were married in the Salt Lake temple, when she suddenly asked, "Why that one? Why not this temple?"

I explained that this temple was brand new and so nobody's been married there yet . . . but that the Salt Lake temple is really, really old . . . even older than "Mommy, Grandpa and even Great Grandpa Powell!"

"Holy. Cow." she responded, completely blown away by the idea of such age. Which made me chuckle. Then a few seconds later, she mentioned the Draper Temple, the only one she's ever actually been inside of . . . it left quite the impression, she talks about it a lot, she thought it was very cool, "like a castle," and she liked all the paintings of the Savior.

Upon pondering our conversation for a minute, she suddenly added, "I get married in the Draper temple . . . Jesus lives in that one."

3 comments:

Talina said...

Okay, I think David teared up a little when he read this one.
I'm glad she liked our trip to the temple and that she remembers it so vividly. She is such a cutie.

The Daltons said...

That's such a cute story. Now I'm really regretting not taking a tour of the Draper temple! Oh, by the way, you inspired me to start my own blog. :) -Melissa

Sare said...

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Jesus DID live in the Draper temple- it's absolutely GORGEOUS in there! :) I'm glad you record as many toddler conversations as you do- they're quite revealing about human nature, I think. It makes me excited for Asher to start talking... several, several months down the road...