Sunday, March 22, 2009

Do the iPod Shuffle

The Rules:
1. Put your iPod (or iTunes) on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You MUST write that song name down no matter how silly it sounds.

I'd like to preface this by saying I don't have an iPod. Don't mock me. I do have iTunes though, with the whole family's music. So, lots of kids songs, primary music, and Weird Al.
I had Greg sitting right here by me as I was doing this, so he can vouch this is legit, I didn't cheat or anything . . . some of them just turned out that funny.

1. If someone says “are you ok?” you say? Hokey Pokey
(That's like Ned Flanders level of cheesy, and yet it works.)

2. How would you describe yourself? Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D, Air, BWV 1068, Bach
(What, you don't describe yourself in those exact words!?)

3. What do you like in a guy/girl? Tow Sawyer (Rush)
(Apparently I'm very particular . . . I only have one type of man. The Tom Sawyer type. (I've listened to a LOT of Rush since I've met Greg. It's been a new, um, experience for me. I seriously still think the main singer is a girl, except that I've now seen him in concert twice, and he looks manly-ish-enough.))

4. How do you feel today? I Only Have Eyes for You (The Flamingoes)
(Um, OK. I really don't have anything to add.)

5. What is your life’s purpose? Wakko's America
(I'm thinking of going into politics.)

6. What is your motto? Clean My Teeth (Hi-5)
(It's not the worst motto. Hygeine is important. And I think 75% of my music on here now is kids stuff.)

7. What do your friends think of you? Everything You Are
(Um, again, nothing to say.)

8. What do your parents think of you? White & Nerdy (Weird Al)
(I laughed for like three minutes on this one . . . this is when I dragged Greg over to enjoy in my blogging hilarity. This cracked me up. Although, it was admittedly embarassing to admit to having so much Weird Al on my computer that even in a randomized search of like 3,500 songs, Weird Al was bound to come up.)

9. What do you think about very often? Paperback Writer (The Beatles)
(Maybe I wanna be a writer?)

10. What is 2+2? 6 Little Ducks
(This is the next one that made me laugh out loud. Greg was also amused. Math was never my favorite subject.)

11. What do you think of your best friend? The Priesthood is Restored
(This made me giggle a little. I told Greg he really was my best friend, so it kinda worked.)

12. What is your life story? Three Blind Mice
(If I thought harder, I could come up with something clever on this one, but I have nothing.)

13. What do you want to be when you grow up? Lose Yourself (Eminem)
(I apparently don't have high hopes . . . unless it means I want to lose myself to some higher purpose? Or I want to be the next big white rapper?)

14. What do you think when you see the person you like? Don't Bring Me Down
(OK.)

15. What will you dance to at your wedding? He Died That We Might Live Again
(Um, that seems odd. Primary songs in general at a wedding would be weird . . . especially Easter/Resurrection ones.)

16. What will they play at your funeral? Hollow of Thy Hand
(That's a little more appropriate. Although, this is the 'punk' version from 'Singles Ward' or 'RM' or something.)

17. What is your hobby/interest? I Heard it Through the Grapevine
(Does this mean my biggest hobby is gossiping or facebook or internet stalking or something?)

18. What is your biggest fear? Barrell of a Gun (Depeche Mode)
(This one didn't make me laugh so much as make me go, "Um, yeah, that works." Did I ever tell y'all about the time I had a gun held up to my head in junior high? I should do that sometime. It's a great lesson in why middle schoolers should never smoke pot.) (NOT ME! Someone else was smoking pot, I just ended up on the other side of the gun. That's another post.)

19. What is your biggest secret? Rain is Falling All Around
(Shhhh, don't tell!)

20. What do you want right now? The Spirit of God
(Sure, that would be cool!)

21. What do you think of your friends? Step by Step
(What, y'all don't have "New Kids on the Block" on your iTunes?! I don't know how that applies to what I think of my friends though . . . )


I'm now kind of ashamed of my iTunes showings . . . I'm cooler than this, I promise! :-)

Oh, and I guess this is like a 'tag' type of thing . . . so, you're it!

5 comments:

Fig said...

Hey, I won't judge.

WonderKitty said...

As soon as I am not at work, I am going to do this, it is awesome!

Jessi said...

I laughed and laughed at the Heard it through the Grapevine reference. Also at the White and Nerdy....makes me want to do it!

Jessi said...

Oh, also you should be a Paperback Writer...you are a wonderful writer.

Anonymous said...

I'll have to use someone else's iPod!