Thursday, November 20, 2008

You're Welcome

Today in the bathtub Annie was happily playing with the twelve-gazillion toys that reside in our bathroom, when she told me, "Look Mommy, the shovel floats!" I didn't understand what she said, plus I was confused by there being no shovel in sight. After having her repeat it a few times I finally understood what she was saying, but noticed the shovel at the bottom of the tub. "The shovel isn't floating Baby, it's on the bottom of the tub, it sank." We then looked at all the different toys, whether they were floating or if the sank, and what happened if we filled them with water. After our little water science lab, I went back to washing Ellie's hair.

After a few seconds of playing happily, Annie suddenly stopped what she was doing and said, "Thanks for teaching me that Mommy," then went back to playing. Any wonder I adore this kid so much?

3 comments:

Talina said...

Oh!!! That is so cute! She really is very polite. She always tells me Thank you without my prompting her. Um, Hilary, hate you call you out here but you are a blogging slacker. I don't CARE that you are moving in 2 days, I WANT ENTERTAINMENT!!! If you don't have time to write out cute stories, post some more videos.
I'm just teasing you. It was just shocking today when TAMN had a new post up before you did. :)

Shannon said...

That's always fun. Sounds like a good teaching moment. Yesterday I bought Weston this little wooden truck with blocks in the back at the dollar spot at Target. When we got home and I opened it for him he was so cute. "Thanks for buying me this truck Mom." You're welcome. Cute kids.

Jessi said...

Let me know if you need any help tomorrow...I am only working a half day...hooray for a teacher-work-day!