Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Proper Names

My favorite thing that Annie says right now is when she calls her Dad by his name. "Gregory!" she'll holler; or use when she's talking about him. She was doing it even before we moved into his parents house (for the next four weeks), but it's picked up since we're spending more time around his parents two of the few people in the world who don't just call him "Greg." Cracks me up. In that same vein, my Mom and I took Annie shopping the other day and as we were walking through the racks of clothing Annie lost site of me. "Hilary!" she called out, "Where'd Hilary go?" she asked my Mom. Then she saw me, "Oh, there's Hilary." I told her she should feel free to call me Mom. The old lady walking down the aisle passed us chuckled.

Ellie was doing something earlier today and Annie was commenting on how funny it was (funny as in odd, not amusing, she uses the word 'funny' a lot to mean a lot of different things). I mentioned that Annie used to do the same thing when she was Ellie's age. Annie stopped, turned and looked at me for a second, then said, "No, I was perfect when I was a baby." Um, yeah, don't know who's been telling her that!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Is she referring to herself as Annelise?

Star said...

I bet it was mom who told her that. Mom was a perfect child you know.