Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Shoe Stealing Snow

"Mommy!" Annie screams from across the yard. We're outside shoveling walks (well, I'm shoveling, she's making snow balls and eating them) while Ellie's down for a nap. "Mommy!"
"What is it baby?"
"My shoes! My shoes! The deep, deep snow took off my shoes for me!" she yelled as my now wearing-only-socks two year old came running through the snow towards me. I swooped her up and carried her inside, where she repeatedly told me, "The deep, deep snow took my shoes!"
She found rinsing her feet off in the luke warm water in the sink to be about the most amusing thing ever though, which is good, 'cause it got her mind and tears off of the mean deep, deep snow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

believe it or not, I sometimes miss the snow, as for shoveling it, I don't miss it one bit. But then to think we are coming into summer, you can keep it.

WonderKitty said...

Oh, this is only the beginning, the mean deep deep snow will be stealing things from Annie for a long time. Outside time, gloves, warmth, vacations. Watch out Annie.