It was about bedtime, and I was getting Annie changed and read to, when she suddenly asked, "Where's Daddy?"
"Oh, Daddy went over to work with Grandpa at his house, remember?"
"Oh yeah, in his garage. Daddy help Papa, huh? Does Papa not know how to do something?"
Greg and my Mom thought this was hilarious. Much to Greg's delight, this is not the first time our child has insinuated that her father is far more intelligent than her Grandpa. I, personally, would have both of them on speed dial if I was on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire."
After that I grabbed the phone to tell my Mom about our exchange. The phone started to beep as soon as I picked it up though, telling me it was (once again) nearly dead. I hung up the phone and Annie looked at me, "You not calling someone?" I told her, "I was going to call Grandma, but the battery is dying." Annie gets her incredibly sad face on and says, "Oh, poor phone dying. Mom talks on the phone too much. This is why we have to buy so many batteries."
1 comment:
What a funny girl! My parents bought this book ( http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&id=Lc9kdkt3ARYC&dq=little+western+girl+paper+doll&printsec=frontcover&source=web&ots=gaWdA4Bzic&sig=1xglHtEk62gpK9nqZH6bcK0HR-I&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPP1,M1 )for Claire, it reminded me of Annie. I think her name is even Annie if I'm not mistaken.
Post a Comment