Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Don't Turn Your Back for a Second

While in my room with Ellie, I suddenly noticed some 'clanging' sounds from the kitchen. I had to finish up the diaper change I was currently battling, but as soon as possible I hurried into the kitchen to find Annie 'packing' all of our utensils in a giant cardboard box. Standing on a chair she'd dragged over to the utensil drawer which is usually out of her reach and chucking butter knives into the waiting box below. She looked up at me with a huge grin of self satisfaction and said, "Look Mom, I packing too! I didn't touch the sharp knives though!" Good, then I have a lot less to explain to my husband when he comes home from work!

I guess I need to keep a better eye on her during the packing . . . I found miles of packing tape strewn from box to box to box in the frontroom, and later I came in to find her perched on top of a pile of four large boxes in her room.

Or maybe I should just turn all the packing over to her, and we'll see how it all turns out!

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Thank goodness, she loves and adores Ellie or you may have already found her packed away!

Bryan and Marissa said...

I would turn it over to her! I think kids have alot more energy then we do and it would go alot faster if Annie was in charge!!! Plus by the end of the night hopefully she would be exhausted!

Talina said...

Annie does love to help her mom pack. Last night we were playing on the computer and I told her I was going to go downstairs and help you pack and asked if she wanted to come. She said, "I'll go help. You play with Dora now." Apparently I am much more helpful playing Dora the Explorer computer games than packing. . . which may be true since after Annie and I came downstairs, we spent most of the evening playing with her bouncy balls while Hilary kept on packing.

Bobbi said...

This is the part of moving I hate the most....Packing with kids in the house!!! Such a pain!! At least she's helping put things IN boxes, though, instead of pulling stuff out of the ones you've already packed!!!