Ellie's never gonna talk, 'cause there's just no need for it. That kid can communicate just about anything in the world with her amazing range of non-verbal communication skills.
We were making cookies as a family tonight. The girls had happily added ingredients (3 chocolate chips for Ellie, one for the bowl) and 'helped' by repeatedly cranking the Kitchen Aid to its highest speed, while we doing stuff like adding flour.
Suddenly, Ellie starts moving her pointed finger in a tight, rapid circle, then pauses and sticks her finger in her mouth. Greg and I both just stare at her for a second, then ask, "You want to lick the beater?" "Yesh," she replies with a huge smile.
(She recently transitioned from answering 'yeah' to everything, to "Yesssh." She really emphasizes the s, but still throws on an 'h' sound most of the time. It's cute.)
6 comments:
She obviously knows the important things in life (like licking the cookie dough from the beaters.)
That would be my first priority too....making sure everyone knows I get to lick the beater. In fact, if no one has "called" it yet, I'll be over to lick the bowl.
That girl is going to ROCK at charades.
Kids are so funny. Congrats on the m&m's, chocolate will be my downfall.
Yesh, I would also like to lick the beater.
Who needs words. Seriously. If you can get cookie dough without them, then life is complete
Post a Comment