Wednesday, March 31, 2010

At an Impasse

Does someone else want to come over and explain to my 22 month old that her favorite Winnie the Pooh hooded sweatshirt needs to be washed (desperately), so she can't wear it right now?

'Cause I'm pretty sure the ice cream covered thing needs a spin in the washing machine, and Ellie keeps arguing my logic with a fairly convincing counter-arguement, "No! Lala! Lala! Lala Pooh!" (Lala being "Ellie", of course.)

Who wants to take bets about whether or not Ellie's wearing an ice cream stained sweatshirt when we take Annie to dance this morning?

(She's clutching it to her like a security blanket and hasn't put it down ever since she heard the word "washed" . . . it's definitely a defiant "only from my cold, dead hands" stance that she's taken.)

(Edited to add: Dang, we never did get to find out how that bet would've shaken out -- Annie started puking at breakfast this morning, so no dance for her today. I do have the sweatshirt in the wash now (and feel just a tad bit victorious about that), but a compromise had to be struck, and Ellie's walked around in nothing but her bathrobe since 8AM this morning.)

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I think it is a naked under your robe kind of day. It is so cold and dreary...boo! I am sorry Annie got sick. Boo to that too!