Saturday, March 6, 2010

Because I've Been Rendered Braindead

Between just normal pregnancy, and pregnancy insomnia, and two kids who refuse to sleep, my only hope of posting anything on my blog anytime soon, is to resort to a 'Tag' email post :-)

1. What is your occupation right now? I tried to think of something clever and all, but again, braindead. So, Mom.
2. What color are your socks right now? I never wear socks unless I'm forced to, by shoes that are designed for physical fitness. And frankly, I don't really wear those that often. (Add to that you can do prenatal yoga barefoot, and it's like there's almost no need for socks!)
3. What are you listening to right now? Um, "Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations" from my Hypnobabies CDs. I'm lame like that.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Spinach, yogurt & blueberry shake. With flax seed. It's better than it sounds.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? I can. I hate to. Especially Greg's truck. It's evil.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Probably my Mom. I was calling to ask if the girls could come over last night and play so Greg and I could run errands and go and get ice cream. Annie kept shrieking in the background, "Yeah, I want to go to your parents house! Let's go to your parents house! Let's go to your parents!" Ellie was jumping up and down, yelling, "Ampa! Amma! Ampa!!" The nice thing about these ages is you can drop them off to play with grandparents and they're just excited to play, and don't scream like you're abandoning them forever.
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Lisa, my old neighbor.
8. How old are you today? Thirty.
9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? On TV, probably football. Basketball or hockey, in person. I've found no reasonable excuse to watch a baseball game unless my little brother is playing it.
10. What is your favorite drink? I like strawberry lemonade, on the rare occasion I drink anything besides water.
11. What color is your hair? It's actually very cute right now -- my friend Emily added light highlights to my normally monotone brown hair.
12. Favorite food? M&Ms, but only during this pregnancy. M&Ms of any kind. The best is to take several varieties and mix them together in a large container, maybe throw in some cashews, and snack away for weeks. Actual food that's good for me -- Greg's homemade pizza, chicken fajitas with a TON of onions & peppers. Comfort food -- Hawaiian Haystacks.
13. What is the last movie you watched? "Knowing." With Nicolas Cage. Meh.
14. Favorite day of the year? Christmas.
15. How do you vent anger? When pregnant, probably cry. Usually I just vent talking on the phone with my Mom, Greg, or one of my sisters.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? I don't remember.
17. What is your favorite season? Fall, maybe.
18. Cherries or Blueberries ? Cherries just to snack on, blueberries made into everything -- smoothies, desserts, baked goods.
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Sure, why not. I prefer that to sending out emails and never hearing back from anyone, obviously. Then I'd just feel like a loser.
20. Living arrangements? A perfect little house, with a great yard in an amazing neighborhood.
21. When was the last time you cried? Um, I'm pregnant -- definitely in the last day or so.
22. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes, wrapping paper and tissue paper supplies, piles of tanktops/shade shirts.
23. Who is the friend you have had the longest not related to you? Chrystal, that I stay in contact with via the wonder of the internet. Probably Jessi, since our sophomore year of High School, that I see in person fairly regularly.
24. What did you do last night? Went to Marble Slab Company for ice cream with Greg. I kinda felt gypped afterwards -- $6 for like one scoop of ice cream?!
25. What are you most afraid of? One of my children being hurt.
26. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger? I don't eat hamburgers. I'm a chicken kinda gal.
27. Favorite dog breed? Mutts, they're the cutest. A hypoallergenic one if such a thing actually existed.
28. Favorite day of the week? Probably Saturday.
29. How many countries have you lived in?
Just this one.
30. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls in a necklace, diamond in a ring, but cuter, more colorful and chunkier is how I normally prefer my jewelery.
31. What is your favorite flower? Lilies, maybe. I don't know.
32. Favorite craving? Almond M&Ms
33. How many times a week do you eat chocolate? Daily, duh. I'm worried the amniotic fluid in my womb is the flavor and consistency of cocoa.
34. Biggest pet peeve? Right now, one year olds that dump their yogurt on the floor THREE times in one meal. (It's happened twice this week.)
35. Least favorite celebrity? I don't know.
36. Favorite? Still don't know.
37. Biggest goal for the year? Have this baby, handle the transition to three children smoothly and gracefully, drop some
38. Biggest goal for the day? I've cleaned the kitchen, frontroom, basement, bedroom, two bathrooms, and the girl's room. I plan on just having fun and relaxing the rest of the day!

Edited to add: I have now been out of M&Ms at home for over a week. I really, really want to go to the store and buy some, but since whole bags disappear in days, I'm trying to avoid buying them for as long as possible. I'll probably last another few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she doesn't like yogurt...

Talina said...

Why are you still giving that child yogurt? Stop trying to be a good mom and just give her a piece of toast. MUCH easier to clean up ;)