So . . . I had a complete and total emotional meltdown at Church today. It was, um, impressive . . . sobbing uncontrollably, mascara streaming, eyes blotchy and red for a good half hour afterwards. And it wasn't a "I'm so overwhelmed with spiritual feelings" cry fest, but an "I've reached the end of my rope after a really long, stressful week, and something finally tipped me over the edge, causing me to make a tears-streaming exit from the Relief Society room, hiding my face by burying it into my 16 month old's body, diving into the nearest 'empty' room to get control of myself, only to find women in there actually nursing their babies, surprised by the sudden appearance of a weeping, blotchy faced stranger. It was all very classy, let me tell you.
The plus side of my public humiliation . . . when I came home an hour or so later (I had a meeting that kept me at Church a little later), my husband felt so bad for his hysterical wife, that he'd totally done all the dishes. It was almost worth it!
I actually feel a lot better after crying, I'm less stressed and I've calmed down. But in the future, I'm shooting for my cathartic crying spells to hit in places a little less public. Although, I don't know if non-public-meltdowns warrant the dishes being done for me . . . that may be something to consider . . .
(Edited to add: Greg further proved his amazingness by taking the kids to his parents house for Sunday dinner while I stayed home and laid in one spot. Without moving. Before he left, I informed him, "I am not moving from this spot," while laying in our bed. He laughed and said, "Yeah, right, the laundry will be done and the bedroom will be clean . . ." Well, three and a half hours later, I woke up in that exact same spot and called to let him know I was just waking up and had not yet moved. He was very impressed, as I am usually the worst napper in the entire world (wonder where my kids get it from!). And now he's on his way home with my children, and I am typing this blog post addendum, then getting started on some folding on the laundry. There will not be time to get the bedroom clean, but it turned out we were both kind of right.)
7 comments:
AHHHHH! I am sorry....what can I do for you? I am glad Greg did the dishes...make him rub your feet too, or run you a bubble bath.
Dang- sorry about the tough week. If it makes you feel any better, my philosophy has always been that for every crappy moment in life there's an equally awesome moment just down the turnpike- I'm a big believer in a balanced universe so for every down day there's a joyous rockin' moment not too far away. So watch for yours- it's apparently coming! YAY!! (And then, I want to hear all about it...) :)
sorry your week was so rough. I am glad you got a long nap. You deserve it!
I'm glad you're feeling better. I felt so bad yesterday when I saw you and just didn't know what I could do to help! Please call me if I can help with anything. You're the best and you're doing an amazing job!
*sigh* .. you are not alone. I think we all have those days. But you're right it sucks to have your moment in front of so many. However, rest assured people were probably thinking, "yep, that was me last week .. or last month". We all have those days. Cheer up! :o)
I'm so glad Greg is Greg. And so glad you are feeling a little better. Hugs!
Uncontrollable crying & long afternoon naps...you must be pregnant. Don't worry. I'm right there with ya, babe.
Post a Comment