Saturday, September 26, 2009

Where's Annie?

So, we were playing 'Hide and Go Seek' as a family at (well, past) bedtime last night. First Annie and I hid under a blanket (on the bed), and giggled the entire time Daddy and Ellie 'searched' for us. Then Annie insisted that Daddy leave the room and count to 10 while we hid again. She quickly tried to summon me back under the blanket (on the bed again) to hide, but I had a slightly better idea. I stuck her on the top of our 7 foot armoire and told her to curl up and duck down.
Greg came in and started looking for her. She, of course, couldn't help but giggle as he called her name, and I think he was a bit surprised when he turned around and looked up to see her hiding . . . especially since I'm the one who's usually getting after him for throwing the girls up to high in the air, and here I've left our 3 year old to fend for herself on our tallest piece of furniture. Annie thought it was hilarious, and Ellie just kept pointing emphatically up towards Annie in an attempt to point her out to their Dad.

Ellie, not quite sure why her Mom and Dad haven't figured out her sister's whereabouts yet and just rescued her already . . .
Annie curled up and hiding.
We found her! :-)



Then, just for good measure, here's a few more pictures. Just to document the rest of the evening -- 'cause the kids were being particularly cute (probably 'cause we'd gotten them all riled up by crazy games of hide and seek well after bedtime . . .)


Ellie has gotten into the habit of letting us know when it's time to pray . . . either at bedtime or when we put her in her high chair, she adorably folds her arms and smiles at the rest of us expectantly . . .

The adorableness of the cooperative praying one year old lasts for approximately 10 seconds or less though, then she's bored and on to a new activity. In this case, while the rest of the family was saying nightly prayers, Ellie was hoping off Greg's lap, crawling across my bed, and putting on a hat . . . which is exactly how we found her when we all said "Amen" and looked up again.
Annie found this hilarious, and immediately ran into her own room to grab another hat, so they could be twins.

3 comments:

Talina said...

Such irresponsible parenting. Putting your child up on the highest piece of furniture and not letting her learn by climbing up in there herself.

Star said...

That above Talina comment is actually from Star.

Jessi said...

I used to love playing hide and seek at my parents house. I had this whole strategy of making myself look like the pillows on the bed, so the bed would not be unmade, yet I would still be hidden. I would have loved a place so high of the ground to hide though. I am jealous.

I also like Ellie's pointing and praying (the two p's). She has become such the little toddler!