Week one of our family "Biggest Loser" competition has come to an end.
Everyone lost weight (which makes me proud of my family, but a little concerned about the competition), including me. Which was actually kinda shocking to me, to find myself 1.8 lbs. less than last Wednesday, as my unstable hormones and moodiness the last week pretty much demanded at least one meal a day consist entirely of chocolate. Sometimes, with ice cream for dessert. Exercise was also kind of non-existent, as my mood was more of a 'lay in bed and wallow in self-pity' than 'go on a walk'. I made sure to eat breakfast though, preferably a high protein one. And I ate my fair share of fruits and veggies. My body, despite it's crankiness as of late, apparently decided to cut me a break and work with me on this one. And I still can't believe I lost nearly 2 lbs.
I'm excited to see what actual effort will produce this week though . . . cut out the M&Ms for lunch and I may drop another couple pounds!
Not everyone has reported in their exact weight to Lacy, keeper of the excel spreadsheet. But, I'm estimating I'm right about in the middle of the pack. Not quite the amazingness of Lacy's weight loss, but a loss nonetheless. I'm actually going into this next week very encouraged . . .
3 comments:
I know! I was just hoping and praying I hadn't GAINED weight this week. I could have tested this by weighing myself any time over the past week but I wanted to put off the guilt (and the swearing off of chocolate) for as long as possible. When I saw that I had actually LOST weight, it motivated me to do better this week! But now it is almost 4 on a Wednesday and I think I'm going to go down to the cafeteria and buy one of those cookies as big as your head to get me through this last hour of work ;)
Wow! Impressive!
That's great Hilary! I've been watching the Biggest Loser on TV and everytime I watch it I get motivated to exercise more and eat less sugar (other than that I actually eat pretty healthy). For some reason, ever since I got pregnant, I want dessert every night! Maybe if I could cut back on that I would be gaining a little slower during this fun pregnancy...
Post a Comment