So, newly addicted to them, one of my first postpartum trips out to the grocery store, I checked the cookie aisle. Only to find they cost something like $4.00. For a small box. My cheap self can't handle that kinda thing! I mean, they were more expensive than Girl Scout Cookies, the pinnacle of overpriced cookies! So, for a long time (well, four months now) I've gone without. Until yesterday when I randomly broke down and ordered some from Amazon. A lot of them. Like enough to qualify me for free shipping. When I was too cheap to initially spend four bucks. Weird. Oh well, in like another 4 to 6 days, I'll be in shortbread heaven!Sunday, September 28, 2008
A Short Confession . . .
So, during my hospital stay after Ellie's birth, I became a little too accustomed to the individual serving packages of Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies. They were possibly the single greatest tasting food I've ever eaten in a hospital (I guess that's not too terribly noteworthy, but still, I loved them more than words can express.) I realized at one point I'd just eaten like 7 packs of them in lieu of lunch, which makes for a healthy postpartum meal of nearly 900 calories of shortbread. I figured I'd earned them at that point, having just given birth and all. And a few days later when one of my friends had a baby, I went to go visit her and made sure I snuck into the 'patient support' room to snag a couple packs for the road.
So, newly addicted to them, one of my first postpartum trips out to the grocery store, I checked the cookie aisle. Only to find they cost something like $4.00. For a small box. My cheap self can't handle that kinda thing! I mean, they were more expensive than Girl Scout Cookies, the pinnacle of overpriced cookies! So, for a long time (well, four months now) I've gone without. Until yesterday when I randomly broke down and ordered some from Amazon. A lot of them. Like enough to qualify me for free shipping. When I was too cheap to initially spend four bucks. Weird. Oh well, in like another 4 to 6 days, I'll be in shortbread heaven!
So, newly addicted to them, one of my first postpartum trips out to the grocery store, I checked the cookie aisle. Only to find they cost something like $4.00. For a small box. My cheap self can't handle that kinda thing! I mean, they were more expensive than Girl Scout Cookies, the pinnacle of overpriced cookies! So, for a long time (well, four months now) I've gone without. Until yesterday when I randomly broke down and ordered some from Amazon. A lot of them. Like enough to qualify me for free shipping. When I was too cheap to initially spend four bucks. Weird. Oh well, in like another 4 to 6 days, I'll be in shortbread heaven!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is AWESOME. I almost bought twelve cans of Stephen's hot chocolate off of Amazon once. Sometimes I still wish I had (and I still might). So you're basically my hero. YOU GO GIRL!!! :)
LOL I love this confession! Yummy. Can I come over? :-)
I would love for you to come over and eat shortbread with me (in 3-4 days now!) . . . unfortunately, you coming to visit would probably be WAY more expensive than even my entire case of Lorna Doones. But come on out! You can stay in our basement! Annie'd love the girlfriends! :-)
Post a Comment