Monday, September 22, 2008

Four Month Check-up

Ellie sure is growing! She's now over 13 lbs. (13 lbs. 1 oz., to be exact) and measures at 24 inches long. That's 35th percentile weight and 42nd height. Her head circumference was 75th percentile. It's always been shocking to me that my kids don't resemble bobble-head dolls . . . at one point Annie was 2 percent on the charts in weight and 89th in head circ . . . I kept trying to figure out how she was able to even support her ginormous head. But somehow they can totally pull it off and look perfectly proportional. Everything else checked out perfectly normal too, and the doctor said 3-4 more ear infections, and they'll schedule surgery for tubes. I wish I knew of a way to fake 'em, so we could get her in even quicker, but I guess I'll patiently wait through weeks and months of torturous illness, fevers, antibiotics, diaper rash, pain and screaming, until we can legitimately get her the surgery she's needed since last month.

Annie proudly brought along her new purple Halloween Teddy Bear that Grandma gave her the other day. She had the nurse weigh and measure 'Pumpkin Bear', and she carefully mimicked everything the doctor did with Ellie on her baby bear (squeezing his tummy, looking in his ears, et cetera). Before the nurse could even give her the results though, Annie proudly announced her bear was "thirty and a half inch pounds!" Greg, being a geek, is pretty excited that we measure babies in torque in our family.

In the bathtub this morning I told Annie it was time to get out. "Two more minutes or ten more minutes?" I asked, encouraging her understanding of greater or less than. "Ten minutes," she smartly responded. Then added, "Um, no wait. Sixteen minutes Mommy." I guess she gets the concept even more than I thought. Then, awhile later, I told her bath time was over, she protested, I pulled the drain, and Annie dived to the end of the tub to stop up the drain again, crying out, "I taking a bath Mom, people just don't do that."

I was having fun looking at pictures of the girls and how much they've grown, then looking and comparing them to pictures of Greg and I when we were younger. So voila! A collage for all to enjoy!

No comments: