When climbing up on to the top bunk very early this morning (to clear any thrown up on bedding -- 'cause that's just how much fun we had last night), I came across something that made me smile. Greg screwed a 2x4 on the side of Annie's top bunk that filled some of the gap between her and the wall. Carefully written along the top edge of said 2x4, in Annie's very best handwriting, is the phrase, "I love being fancy."
It just made me smile. I wasn't even upset that she was writing on furniture.
Which is good -- I needed to smile. 'Cause the rest of the night was horrific. Isaac was spiking 103 degree fevers and was so congested he could barely nurse. Ellie's sick and coughing and her face and pillow were covered with dried green snot this morning. And poor Annie, she's coughing so hard (even with the humidifier going full blast and turning their room into a swamp) that it was making her throw up.
And my throat hurts so bad that I can barely swallow.
How is it we are all so sick, but each of us with completely different symptoms!?
Getting a tad bit sick of the pox placed upon our house . . .

4 comments:
I love being fancy too!
I love finding little treasures like that from my kids. Adorable.
That is so cute...I love being fancy. Cheers for Fanciness! Sorry to hear your fam is feeling sick again!
I love it! She is such a cutie. Sorr about the rampant illness at your house :(
Post a Comment