I want to write some moving tribute to the amazing person I've had the opportunity to parent for the last four years . . . or, at least, a funny synopsis of all her amusing stories and her adorable personality. But, I fear I wouldn't do her justice. She is smart, humorous, inquisitive, sweet, kind, compassionate, determined, vocal, opinionated and an amazing big sister (most of the time -- far better than I was ever though, so I give her huge amounts of credit.) She is a source of daily heart swelling pride -- and, at times, immeasurable frustration :-)
Four years ago today . . .

The first night . . . when we really figured out for the first time that we were gonna have our hands full. Despite all our intentions of 'rooming in' our entire hospital stay, it was about 3AM when we'd still never seen our little one sleep, that we asked the nurses to please come take her for a few hours so we could finally get some sleep.
Her first birthday.
I was nine months pregnant at the time, and right after these pictures were taken we got Annie to bed, and about 2 hours later, my water broke. (Which means tomorrow you'll get a set of "Happy Birthday Ellie" photos.)
And now she's four -- growing up too quick, in my opinion.
All morning she's informed us of things she should or shouldn't be doing because, in her words, "I'm the birthday girl!" She been so excited about her birthday this year, and we're all so happy the big day has arrived!
Here she is with her traditional morning bedhead, and she's just finished off her breakfast cupcake. At four though, she doesn't leave behind nearly as much evidence of consuming frosting for breakfast as she did last year.
All morning she's informed us of things she should or shouldn't be doing because, in her words, "I'm the birthday girl!" She been so excited about her birthday this year, and we're all so happy the big day has arrived!
Here she is with her traditional morning bedhead, and she's just finished off her breakfast cupcake. At four though, she doesn't leave behind nearly as much evidence of consuming frosting for breakfast as she did last year.
Happy Birthday Annie Bananie! We love you!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Annie! I cannot believe she is 4 years old already. Hooray for baby girls born in May.
Happy Birthday Annie!!! We'll call you later!!!
Happy Birthday Annie! I hope she has an amazing day. I second Jessi's comment, however will extend it to include all genders (i.e. Jackson) .. Hooray for babies born in MAY!
So fun to watch the progression!
Happy Birthday Annie, from: Lori, Madeline, & Audrey!
Happy Birthday, Annie! I can't believe she's 4 already! That's crazy. And I really enjoyed seeing her ever-more-impressive bed-head. :)
One day her bed head will rival lacy's. I cannot wait for that day to come.
Post a Comment