You see, from my birthday (on May 30th), Greg gets started . . . "I'm married to an older woman." This year was even worse 'cause it was days of, "I'm only in my 20s, and I'm married to a woman in her THIRTIES!" And it lasts four days, until June 3rd.
Yeah, yeah, laugh it up Chuckles, 'cause you're 30 now too! :-)
Happy Birthday!
Greg -- the Early Years
(And hon, you can tell how much I love you, 'cause that glamour-shots-Eagle-Scout-picture is nowhere to be found in this photo tribute. You're welcome!)
(And hon, you can tell how much I love you, 'cause that glamour-shots-Eagle-Scout-picture is nowhere to be found in this photo tribute. You're welcome!)





Greg & Hilary -- Dating
Greg & Hilary -- The Wedding Day




Greg -- The Amazing Dad






(With goatee AND glasses, be still my heart!! We don't see that very often anymore!)
(With goatee AND glasses, be still my heart!! We don't see that very often anymore!)
So, yep, we're four days apart. He didn't have long to tease me about being thirty, 'cause he's joined me now! I told Greg last night, I'm not a very good cradle robber/cougar, what with him being only four days younger and all. I mean, when Demi turned 30, Ashton was probably in grade school or something still. Considering I had to wait over the weekend when I turned 16, I probably only got my license like 2 days before Greg did.
Greg and I hadn't been dating long at all when we discovered that not only were we only four days apart, but had been born in the same hospital, lived in the same Stake (church boundaries), and were blessed in the same Church building. But, when I was four, and Greg was six, we both moved from the old 'hood with our families and ended up in completely different states for most of our childhood. When Greg was 16, his family moved back to Utah. We were in different high schools though, with no connection then. But, Greg went and served an LDS Mission in Mexico, and before he came home, I bought a condo that turned out to be 2 streets over from his parents house. I moved in June, and he came home in August . . . but during the same month later that year, October, we both decided to start attending the local Single's Ward and there spent the next couple years going to Church together each and every week, but basically not really noticing each other at all. (Funny story, I threw a party at my Aunt's house, about three months or so before Greg and I started dating. I have no memory of him being there, but looking back at pictures, there's multiple photos of the two of us standing right next to each other. Call me oblivious.) But, eventually, things fell into place, we hung out and played cards one weekend, then the next, then from then on we have spent as much time together as humanely possible, every single day unless one of us was out of state or country. And I can't imagine it any other way. Greg was too good to be true . . . smart, funny, considerate, sweet, cute, hard working, chivalrous, sexy, good to his Mom, respectful, faithful and endlessly kind. I seriously got way more than I deserved. I had a whole list of what I was looking for in a man, and not only was he a perfect fit, but he had a dozen other qualities that turned out to be even more important than anything I'd ever thought to look for before. As we've been married, I've found countless other reasons to love him. He makes me laugh all the time, and he's my best audience, constantly really amused by my latest antecdote (or he's the world's best actor, which is a good quality too.) He's a better father than I ever would have thought to ask for for our girls. They will be so lucky to have such a supportive, smart, encouraging Dad . . . it'll shape who they are, what they learn and how they feel about themselves. Trust me, I know about these things. He's a partner in the truest sense of the word. He is constantly looking for ways to support me, to help me out, to take off any load that adds stress to my life. We are a better match then I would've ever expected, and he is my best friend.
Happy Birthday. Old man. :-)
Love, Hil
Love, Hil
7 comments:
Wow, Greg looks so young in some of those pictures when Annie was a baby. Like younger than at your wedding. Weird.
Also, not to ruin the sweetness of your husband-tribute but I have to mock one thing. You have spent as much time together as "humanely possible?" Would it have been un-humane to spend MORE time together? And if so, to who? You or Greg?
Okay, I'm done mocking you. Love you and love Greg for being such a great husband to my favorite oldest sister, a great dad to my adorable nieces and most of all for providing me with said nieces. Happy Birthday, Greg!
Happy Birthday, Greg!!!!
Great Talina, now I can't change it, 'cause I'll look insecure or something :-) So, I'm leaving my humorous type-o.
And definitely to Greg. Poor Greg who's already so stuck with me!
Happy birthday Greg! I hope to see you in the bank more often! That was a great tribute Hil, you are a great writer (spelling aside).
Happy Birthday to Greg! You guys are such a lovely couple! Also adios to the birthday streak in your household.
Happy Birthdays, you two! I'm so glad you found each other!
June 3rd is a great day. Savannah was born on that day too.
Post a Comment